Green Technology Financing Scheme

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

In the budget speech for 2010, Dato' Seri Najib Tun Abdul Razak, the Prime Minister of Malaysia announced the establishment of Green Technology Financing Scheme amounting to RM1.5 billion as an effort to improve the supply and utilization of Green Technology. The scheme could benefit companies who are producers and users of green technology.
As a sign of commitment, the Government will bear 2% of the total interest/profit rate. In addition, the Government will provide a guarantee of 60% on the financing amount via Credit Guarantee Corporation Malaysia Berhad (CGC), with the remaining 40% financing risk to be borne by participating financial institutions (PFIs).
The Prime Minister also appoint the Pusat Teknologi Hijau Negara as the conduit for the Green Technology Financing Scheme (GTFS) application. The scheme is expected to provide benefits to more than 140 companies of which the application will be open starting from 1st January 2010. (Source from


Post a Comment

Renewable Energy

Renewable energy is energy generated from natural resources such as sunlight, wind, rain, tides, and geothermal heat, which are renewable (naturally replenished). (From Wikipedia)

Energy Development

Energy development is the ongoing effort to provide abundunt and accessible energy, thorough knowledge, skills and constructions.

Contact Us

No. 898, Jalan Sultan Badlishah,
05000 Alor Setar,
Kedah Darulaman,
Tel : +(60)4-7311884,7315266
Fax : +(60)4-7332798
Helpline : +(60)16-4195266
Email :
Website :